Saturday 1 October 2016

C4C356 Into the Woods

Good morning friends

It's Saturday  so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our October 2016 hostess is Caz Counsell and our Guest Designer is Heidi Green - The Crafty Goat Girl

Caz's challenge is:  Forest fun... a forest scene or your favourite forest critters.

A perfect challenge, since I've been playing with Lawn Fawn's 'Into The Woods' stamp set lately! I ordered that set when it first came out but haven't used it all that much. I LOVE it though - and also the coordinating patterned paper. Which I admit that I've been hoarding . 

I cracked it out for this card. Cut right into two different sheets - held my breath - and the world continued to spin. Sheesh. Seriously though - when it's gone it's gone and that freaks me out. It will be awhile before I can bring myself to use more of it up.



The oval from the Anita Frames Pop-Up worked perfectly for the greeting on the front.



Inside there are birch trees (as in a forest of birch trees!) and those sweet stamped critters.  I used the Anita Frames Pop-Up for the inside - it's such a fun Pop-Up to use.

To get the brown scalloped edges, I simply cut long brown scraps using the edge of Els' Dotted Scalloped Rectangles. Worked like a charm - going to use that technique again for sure!





Finally, a view from the top.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C356.

Supplies:
Anita Frames Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Garden Bench Pop-Up (grass clump), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - Lawn Fawn
White card stock
Brown card stock
Stitched Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dotted Scallop Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Critter stamps and dies - Into the Woods, Lawn Fawn
Glaze pen - Sakura
Prismacolor pencils
Gamsol and blending stump
Wink of Stella

Card size - Standard A2


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. fabulous card, love the birch tree designer paper and good idea to use the scallop rectangles for your scallop border

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card for fall
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen